Grapher: A remote data plotting applet
This data comes from plotting the radial
distribution function of molecules... The values of rho and T
- The first screen shows the names of a number of data
files available for graphing. Select one file from the
- Specify the background and foreground colors for the
graph. The default values will be used if none are
- Press the button marked "Plot file data -->"
at the bottom of the applet window.
- You should see a new window with a graph of the data.
- If the mouse is moved over the plot area, the
corresponding r and g(r) values will be displayed in the
status bar of your browser.
- The current minimum and maximum x and y values are
displayed at the top of the window. To change the viewing
area, change the values and press the "Replot"
- To download the contents of the raw data file, press the
"Downlaod raw data -->" button.
- To select a new data file to plot, press the "<--
Select new file" button.
- The applet will not allow
the user to select the same color for both the background
and the foreground.
- Typing in a minimum value
greater than or equal to the maximum value will result in
an error message being displayed in the status bar.
- Typing in non-numerical
symbols will also result in an error message being shown.
Java applet created by Abhijit Davare,
University of Pittsburgh, April 2000